The Bible | 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- - We believe that the Bible, Old and New Testament, is God’s Word and is the primary source and authority for our faith and practice.
- - The Bible is God’s inspired, infallible, and perfect Word to all people.
- - The Bible is God’s word written by human authors under the divine guidance of the Holy Spirit.
The Trinity | 1 John 5:7
- - We believe in one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
God (God the Father) | Genesis 1:1 | Exodus 34:6-7
- - We believe there is but one living and true God, who is the maker and creator of all things, and who exists eternally in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- - There is one eternally existing God who has three distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
Jesus Christ (God the Son) | Matthew 1:18-25 | John 1:1-14
- - We believe in Jesus Christ, truly God and truly man, in whom the divine and human natures are perfectly and inseparably united.
- - We believe that Jesus is the only one who can reconcile us to God. He lived a sinless life, died on the cross for our sins, and rose again proving He is the Messiah. We believe that Jesus Christ is coming back again as He promised.
The Holy Spirit (God the Holy Spirit) | Acts 2:1-5
- - The Holy Spirit is the gift of God the Father to every believer in Jesus Christ, given to empower each believer with heavenly gifts and graces to be able to reach the world for Jesus Christ.
- - The Holy Spirit is present in the world to make people aware of their need for the Savior. When we receive Jesus as Lord of our lives and the forgiver of our sins, the Holy Spirit comes to live within us. He empowers believers for living, enables us to understand spiritual truth, and guides us in doing what pleases God. As Christians we seek to live under His control daily.
Humanity | Genesis 1:26-27 | Genesis 3:1-24
- - We believe that mankind was created, male and female, in the image of God. All persons are born with a sin nature and are in need of forgiveness and transformation.
The Church | Matthew 28:18-20 | Acts 2:42-47
- - We believe that the church is the body of Christ, an extension of Christ’s life and ministry in the world today.
- - We believe that the mission of the church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
- - We believe the Church is not a building, but a people, who are called to live in community and worship together.
- - We believe that everyone in relationship with Jesus Christ is gifted, empowered, and called to serve within God’s mission to reach the world. The Church is God’s vehicle on earth to bring about God’s justice and mercy for all people.
Salvation | Ephesians 2:8-9 | John 3:1-16 | John 1:12
- - Jesus Christ came to reconcile us with God. He lived a life without sin and willingly died on the cross to pay the penalty for our transgressions. God raised him from the dead and now, by grace, offers as a free gift, eternal life to all who follow Christ, by faith, as their Lord and Savior. That is why salvation can be found in Christ alone.
Baptism | Matthew 3:13-17
- - Baptism marks the beginning of our lifelong journey as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- - Persons of any age can be baptized.
- - Through baptism, we are joined with the church and with Christians everywhere.
Marriage | Genesis 2:18-25 | Matthew 19:4-6
- - We affirm the sanctity of the marriage covenant that is expressed in love, mutual support, personal commitment, and shared fidelity between a man and a woman.