Job Openings at Lake Magdalene UMC
Audio Visual Tech
Lake Magdalene United Methodist Church
Date Posted: 02/03/2020
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 500 to 700
Job Type: Part-Time
The Audio Visual Tech at Lake Magdalene United Methodist Church works to create a professional, distraction free, and technically proficient environment. A/V tech will assist and execute weekly technical programming elements of services and events. Our Audio Visual Tech here at LMUMC is responsible for stage set up, lighting (to include set up and programming of light board), audio mixing, video recording, creating ProPresenter slides (song lyrics, charts, scriptures, videos, communication visuals, etc.), assists with all technical aspects of Sunday morning services, Wednesday night band rehearsals, as well as special services and events throughout the week. This position works directly with the Director of Music and Worship Arts, the Contemporary Worship Leader, Coordinator of Hospitality, Connection, and Care, and Wedding Coordinator. The Audio Visual Tech Operates and sound engineers a live band, speaker, and various other audio visual outputs. This position reports to the Director of Music & Worship Arts, the Contemporary Worship Leader. Hours vary; Sunday morning and Wednesday evening commitments.
- Follower of Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively under the pressure of time constraints.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- 2 years of technical and audio mixing, video, and lighting experience.
- Experience with ProPresenter 6 and Planning Center Online preferred.
- Continue growth in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Adhere to the policies, procedures, and staff covenant as outlined in the LMUMC staff Handbook.
- Contribute to Lake Magdalene United Methodist Church’s overall mission.
- Takes a "how can I help" approach to ministry.
- Takes initiative to ensure that all needs are met prior to each service and event.
- Maintain all A/V equipment
- Commit to honing your position by continual learning.
Please send your resume and faith statement to Hilary Rain, Director of HR & Finance, at email@example.com.
LMUMC is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA"), as amended, and all similar state and local laws, which generally prohibit discrimination against any qualified employee or applicant with regard to any terms or conditions of employment because of such individual's disability or perceived disability, and, in some circumstances, may require LMUMC to provide “reasonable accommodation” to disabled employees.
LMUMC strives to comply with federal, state and local laws requiring equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. It is LMUMC’s goal to hire, train, promote, and compensate and otherwise treat employees without regard to race, color, sex, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by law.