Job Openings at Lake Magdalene UMC
Director of Traditional Music Ministry
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
POSITION PURPOSE: To lead the visioning, planning, and coordination of a Christian ministry of music arts outreach to the church and community at large.
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
- - Affirms and embraces the mission and vision of Lake Magdalene United Methodist Church
- - Demonstrates personal lifestyle and values that are consistent with spiritual leadership
- - A Christ-centered, biblically rooted faith, with a sense of seeing the leading of worship as a call to God’s ministry.
- - Bachelor’s Degree in Vocal Music
- - Master’s Degree in Choral Conducting preferred
- - Proficiency in music including choral, instrumental and keyboard
- - Skills, aptitude, training and experience in worship with choirs of all ages including bell choirs
- - Knowledge of sacred choral repertoire that spans the centuries through present day compositions
- - Basic understanding of technology and computers
- - A team-player who works well with other members of the church staff and works well with volunteers.
- - A minimum of 5 year of church experience is required
POSITION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- - Assist in creating, developing and planning worship experiences to lead a diverse congregation use a wide range of music styles
- - Invite, train, support and equip persons for ministry through the chancel choir, orchestra, hand bells, musical ensembles, children and youth choirs.
Salary range $50-60,000 along with health insurance, pension and the opportunity to offer private lessons.
STARTING DATE: August 1, 2021
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND TESTIMONY/FAITH JOURNEY TO:
Pastor Brent Byerman
Resumes accepted through June 13, 2021
LMUMC is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA"), as amended, and all similar state and local laws, which generally prohibit discrimination against any qualified employee or applicant with regard to any terms or conditions of employment because of such individual's disability or perceived disability, and, in some circumstances, may require LMUMC to provide “reasonable accommodation” to disabled employees.
LMUMC strives to comply with federal, state and local laws requiring equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. It is LMUMC’s goal to hire, train, promote, and compensate and otherwise treat employees without regard to race, color, sex, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by law.