Job Openings at Lake Magdalene UMC
Lake Magdalene United Methodist Church is accepting applications for the position of Organist/Accompanist.
- Lake Magdalene UMC is located in beautiful Tampa Florida and central to a vibrant arts community. We are a church known in the community for a high standard of music and a church that is in frequent demand as a performance venue. Recent performing guest include: Master Chorale of Tampa Bay, Florida Orchestra Brass Quintet, The King's Brass, National Christian Choir, Lumina Youth Choirs, and others.
- Traditional worship services, classical music program
- Part-time – Competitive salary ($20-22K) Salaried
- Experience: professional playing: 5+ years preferred
- Four Sundays paid vacation
- Paid continuing education
- Seasonal concerts, special rehearsals, and services during Lent, Holy Week, Christmas
- Skilled organist and accompanist for a traditional, classical music program
- Outstanding sight-reading ability
- Ability to work well with other professional and amateur musicians.
- Provide music for the two traditional worship services on Sunday morning
- Accompany Wednesday evening choir rehearsal
- Accompany orchestra as needed, rehearsals typically one or two a month, August through May
- Seasonal music ministry concerts (Holy Week and Christmas), special rehearsals, services, concert series.
- Assist in the planning of the worship service as directed by the music director.
- Accompany soloists, ensembles as needed.
- Accompany the children’s choir as needed.
- Attend, and accompany if needed, concert series programs
- Support the overall ministry needs of the church which might include special events from time to time.
- Play for weddings and funerals as needed and available (compensation is up and above church salary).
- Opportunity to teach lessons on site (within established church guidelines)
Part-time – Salaried
Experience: professional playing: 5+ years
Send resume and audio/video links to firstname.lastname@example.org
Danny Compher, Director of Music (813) 961-1254 x222
Please send your resume and faith statement to Hilary Rain, Director of HR & Finance, at email@example.com.
LMUMC is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA"), as amended, and all similar state and local laws, which generally prohibit discrimination against any qualified employee or applicant with regard to any terms or conditions of employment because of such individual's disability or perceived disability, and, in some circumstances, may require LMUMC to provide “reasonable accommodation” to disabled employees.
LMUMC strives to comply with federal, state and local laws requiring equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. It is LMUMC’s goal to hire, train, promote, and compensate and otherwise treat employees without regard to race, color, sex, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by law.